Friday, May 26, 2006

Travel Times

Travel to and from my school can be quite a torture. For one thing, Sarjapur road does not exist. Some tar is thrown in here and there and is generally accepted as a road. Over the last two months however, some attempts are being made to tar the road so we go through a storm of dust and breathe in tar. Also, we take one and a half hours each way so that at 5.30 I look like something my cats would not bring in.

What makes it bearable are the kids and what they have to say. I sit next to a gang of five primary kids(four girls and Brandon) and sometimes their games can be a source of continuous mirth. Not always though, especially when, hard as it is for me to confess, they begin their girlie games like Doctor doctor, or Barbie (ugh!)…..


One day they were playing “doctor-patient”

Drisya: Iee will be nrse, you be docter .

Mayura: But I want to be doctor.

Sarah: Ok.ok..now don’t fight, I am patient.

Drisya: Nooh…you ar mama with a baby.

Maryra: Then I will cut open the tummy.

The operation begins..

Brandon George is silent….(suffering this silly girlie talk?)

Suddenly!

Brandon: I am the shelf!!!!

Hands outstretched he tries to push himself between the operating team.

Amruta and I look a each other, sure we have heard wrong.

Brandon: I am the shelf!!!!

No one pays attention….

“Cut no..”

“Cutting”

“Now the baby is to be born”

Brandon: I am the shelf!!!!

Amruta: Brandon, what are you?.....

Barndon: (indignant) I am the shelf…the shelf where they put all the surgical instruments. (cannot replicate the perfect pronunciation) I am the shelf, he wails.

No one listens….

Only Brandon can think of something so totally different.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thought I'd pop in for a bit, great to see you're still as benevolent as ever. You're an angel and like I said before I was under the impression they only inhabited heaven.

anon

Yasmine Claire said...

hey Anon...duhh!??

Anonymous said...

shutup yas. :)
-Finny

Yasmine Claire said...

but whoo is thiss??