Monday, May 29, 2006

Dreams and ESP

Dreams are the theater of the unconscious mind. They constantly tell us who we are, show us the situation we are in, give solutions , add comic relief to the heaviness in our life besides being so much more. Sometimes they are pre-cognitive and show what is to come in terribly frightening detail.

I have had pre-cognitive dreams more often than I can count. And each insignificant detail, right to the colour of the clothes worn has eventually happened in reality. Not all of my Pre-C dreams were of bad things to come, some have been pretty routine, such as what a friend would say to me the next say, the clothes worn etc..some have been terrible….and I wish I had never had them.

Years ago, I dreamt that I was by the seashore. The sea was beautiful , calm and somewhere between the rocks a small pool had formed in which school children were playing. They wore white uniforms with dark blue and while striped ties. I went up to them and sat down in the sand, to watch them play. They invited me join in the splashing and sea shell collecting. In the distance was the school. Two huge white buildings that seemed to be joint together in the upper floor by some kind of corridor. It was called the Sea School.

The school children came up to me and invited me to play with them and soon I began to have a lot of fun in that little sea and rock created pool. Suddenly the bell rang and they told me to run into the building as fast as I could as this was a tide drill. A tide drill was done every day to teach the children to keep themselves safe from the tide.

As I ran with them I could feel the sea closing on us and the bright sunny day seemed to have gone overcast. Lead on by the children I ran into the school building and up the stairs. I had the feeling that I was running up a narrow staircase and then we were finally in a huge hall with very big glass windows. The whole school was there. Children sitting around , some sleeping, some talking, some looking out of the window. Looking outside I froze. Never have I seen a sea so angry. The waves were huge. They were a wall of angry blue and green. The sky was dark grey and black. The waves seemed to touch those clouds and as they ran towards the shore I screamed. I could only see water. Walls of water and angry rain. The children told me not to be scared and that I was safe , so high up. I asked them how it was that they were not sacred. “Oh”, said a girl “That’s is because we are already dead, a huge wave came one day ad killed all of us”……

I woke up after that with every detail of the dream etched into my dreamscape.

A year later the Tsunami came. Watching a program on TV on the Andaman and Nicobar islands, I saw a school girl narrating how she had been afloat at sea and had lost her family. Her school was near the sea and most of her friends had died.

The pictures of the Tsunami, of which I had no conception of and the girl in her uniform tallied exactly to my dream and the sheer terror I felt then was replayed.

Has anyone had pre-cognitive dreams?..Want to share?

5 comments:

Anushya said...

wow!you never told me about this.Hey didn't you have one such pre-C about applepie or some other cat??Anyways they can also be confused with what we deeply desire right?or are they always only terrible??

Anonymous said...

hell.
-Finny

Yasmine Claire said...

.....yes, dreams can reflect our deepest desires, but pre-c dreams are different. they show what is to come.

yep..I did dream about apple-pie and what had happened to him.

they are not always terrible....i'll post more

Shenoy said...

Well, me have only pre-C dreams that be so lucid, can’t sometimes shake off a sense of déjà vu. And it’s in those few moments that it becomes difficult to tell dreams from reality. And when your pre-C dreams be so lucid, your later memory ends up a muddle you’re scared which part is dream and which part your dream. That’s as far as it goes I guess.

But I do know this guy who doesn’t dream much, but when he dreams of someone and wakes up remembering the dram, that person is invariably dead in a few weeks. He’s proved it tome a couple of times. Scary, ain’t it?

Yasmine Claire said...

Shenoy:Scary, ain’t it?

yep...very..I have had several of those and I hate them...