Friday, April 14, 2006

Loss....

Yesterday a monkey died...she was pregnant and her mate sat by her helplesly crying....
We could do nothing...he was sad, confused, kept touching her, lifting her hand...confused he tore at leaves and ate them...
He had lost his hand a long time ago when his band of monkeys were trapped, and only he and his mate escaped...
he lost his hand...
They would eat together, hug each other and sleep...
and now he is alone, lost, sad,...
how do I help him..there is nothing I can do..

I see him sit listlessly on the tumbledown hut..now and then he moans...my apples and oranges sit by him untouched...
Yesterday he did not let us bury her...today she must have been buried by my friend....
He begins life alone....
Dear monkey...if I could hug you and hold you tight I would...I know that it is not going to be all right...I know you will be alone....I will watch you every day...give you all the things monkeys love to eat....and think of you for as long as I can when I pray.

No comments: