Friday, April 21, 2006

Do I look all right?

Stumbling across something old and forgotten can be a very strange experience…..clearing out a cabinet a few days ago I found pictures from my 20th birthday…..the girl there was not bad looking at all….so why had I at 20 obsessed over the way her hair was unruly curly and not silken straight? Why had I imagined her to be an obese thing? She was slim and trim…..to think of all the stress I went through imagining someone who I was not…

Not that things have changed at 28…..they are very much the same….my hair still could be more like those sunsilk ads..I can be that much more trim…I can never be gorgeous enough…not even gorgeous.. let alone gorgeous enough…

The amount of stress we give ourselves obsessing over the way we look must be the biggest contributing factor to rapid physical degeneration…not to mention emotional.

Then think of those who go great lengths to maintain what the imagine to be an ideal of beauty…perms, bleaching, starving, surgery…..60 going on 20…

Imagine those who do not confirm to the fair and lovely ideal….and now the fair and handsome ideal…(whatever happened to tall dark and handsome man…went away with the knight in shining armour?)

Anorexia, bulimia, bleaches, cuts, tucks, folds,…..

When nothing else works…

Suicide?

4 comments:

Finny Forever said...

I tell you! what and all.

Anushya said...

insatiable bitches we are turning out to be!!!

JP said...

Actually tall, dark and handsome still works. Look at all the love Antonio Banderas gets.

Yasmine Claire said...

Oh yeah..the TDH rules!...