Friday, November 30, 2007

Mr. T of the science dept wanders around our campus like an ant that has somehow fallen out of the neat organized line of fellow ants and is now moving about quite aimlessly, not quite knowing where to go.

Of course this happens only when he ventures out of his lab. Which is rare. So when he came into the exam dept in a state of agitation, we knew something was wrong. “Someone has to help me”, he said desperately. “Please give me five minutes of your time”.

Sonya, with her infinite patience asked him how she could help.

“I cannot do invigilation on the 3rd and 4th of December. There are presentations by the 12th grade that I have to record and evaluate. I have also asked the other subject teachers to excuse the grade 12 from their classes so that I can finish the recording of their oral presentations. I simply will not be able to any invigilation on those days. Please put me for another day, I am really sorry, but I cannot help it.” He was very worried and looked at Sonya hopelessly.

(Grade 12 is not having any exam this month)

Sonya told him not to worry and asked him to take out his invigilation schedule so that she could see what she could do. He said that he had forgotten to bring it. So Sonya got out one.

She studied it carefully and a small frown came on her face and she double checked. “But, Mr.R, you have no invigilation scheduled for the 3rd and 4th of December!” she said.

“I don’t? Oh! Thanks, sorry to take up your time” he said as he drifted out of the exam dept.

No comments: